Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dissertation Grants Should I Quit My PhD Program?

Should I quit my PhD program? - dissertation grants

I am 30 years old and I wanted to be a scientist for 10 years. I have everything I think about, including the research projects of undergraduate courses, research, education, and an MBA from Long. There are three and a half year, I participated in a doctoral program, which lasts 5 years and will probably lead to the fact that post-doctoral research and academic positions. However, I realized shortly after I began my advisor, has not much difficult for their pupils and students in the nursing laboratory, have a success. Now I see that I (a graduate with a weak argument my research funding has been cut) and a letter of recommendation from my advisors will be worse. I am very sad because my adviser insults me, I do not Labmate other (they are not happy) for him, and it seems that every day I get another heartbreaking story (not a scholarship, the intellectual property in my thesis Project decided that they share data from their own role, and I will not be able to use it, etc..) people at my university told me recently, suffering, and thaI still can, although a weak argument to succeed, but others told me that this is not true, and now establishing the path for the rest of my career. Many people who find our graduates working control laboratory. I tried something might work for 3 years (and I have great success in the search for Bachelor's and Master's had), but nothing seems to improve my financial situation or advise my enthusiasm for me. If I go and try a doctoral program at another location type (if this is possible at all)? I am a little reluctant to spend 5 years in school to ... I seek to give up my goal to be an academic researcher and work? Or should I stop, and we hope that things go better than I expected?

0 comments:

Post a Comment